App User Terms of Service
This document contains the My Skin Doctor Limited ("MySkinDoctor", “the Service”, "we", "our", "us") terms of service ("Terms", "Agreement”) that apply when you ("you", "your", "patient") use the MySkinDoctor mobile application ("App", "MySkinDoctor").
By registering with MySkinDoctor you confirm that you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the App from your device are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
If you access the Service via the MySkinDoctor App, you agree:
- to ensure that any details supplied to us to register for such access are accurate and to update your profile promptly if any of the details which you have supplied to us about you change;
- to keep any personal login password confidential, and to be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of your password by any third party;
- that we reserve the right to terminate your access to the Service should we consider that your use of the Service is detrimental to the Service or to other users;
The MySkinDoctor App allows you to:
- register for an account as an NHS or Self-Funded patient;
- create a personal profile and edit your personal information;
- create, edit and submit cases for review by our registered Consultant Dermatologists;
- view case updates including diagnoses, treatment plans and clinic appointment details;
- view supporting documentation including resources on skin conditions.
Services provided by MySkinDoctor can be accessed by downloading the MySkinDoctor App (Apple iOS and Google Android versions available).
When you register with the Service, you will be required to fill in / confirm mandatory fields indicated.
When you register as a patient, your personal details are saved on our database. Your personal information will contain some or all of the following types of information:
Your personal details: name, address, date of birth, mobile telephone number(s), GP details;
Clinical information: pictures submitted for review, patient descriptions of condition, diagnoses including suspected and differential diagnoses, treatment plans and prescriptions;
Attendance details: your appointments and where / when you were / are to be seen in clinic;
Correspondence: details of communications we have sent to the patient, GP or registered pharmacy either digitally or via post.
How We Use Your Information
By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you acknowledge that your images and patient information may be used for training and educational purposes. If any information is used, data will be anonymised.
We use the information submitted via the app:
- to enable and assist you to register a patient account
- to enable and assist in submitting cases for review
- for discussing personal information with the registered app user and our Consultant Dermatologists and relevant medical staff within MySkinDoctor and the NHS
- to communicate with you via:
- text message (SMS)
- notifications to your mobile device
- inbox messages (accessed via our digital service)
- phone call
- to delivery information in relation to:
- your patient referral received from a GP within our contractual agreements
- a diagnosis, confirmed or otherwise
- upcoming appointment dates and locations
- confirming and preparing for appointments
- onwards referrals to other services
- developments in our services
- to prescribe medication directly to your nominated pharmacy, or via third party service SignatureRx (for self-funded patients)
We aim to contact you in the way you prefer about the subjects you prefer. If you want to change the way we contact you, please let us know by contacting our helpline on 01903 896625, or by completing our contact us form.
Other ways in which we use your information include:
- to ensure your safety, if we suspect a problem with the registered patient's health, we will inform the patient or referring GP;
- for clinical audit, to assess and improve our Service, we routinely audit all aspects of the process of diagnosing skin conditions. Results of audits are always presented with all personally identifiable information (PII) removed;
- for research and training, to improve our knowledge about dermatological conditions.
Whenever personal identifiers are not required for these tasks, they are removed from the information we use.
It is important that your address and contact details are up to date, so that we are able to ensure communication is sent and received appropriately. To do this we may compare the details we hold with central NHS records. We may contact you to confirm up to date personal information.
If an individual wishes to grant permission for their personal and medical information to be discussed by someone who is not the registered patient, permission must first be given to a MySkinDoctor employee directly by the registered patient. For patient's under the age of 18 (legal minor) a parent or legal guardian will be granted permission to discuss patient information. Evidence of Power of Attorney for patient's under care may be requested by our staff. We reserve the right to refuse the discussion of patient information without the registered patient's consent.
We may use people's NHS numbers to help us ensure correct identification and to find and remove duplicate records on our systems.
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of your patient record. We actively implement security measures to ensure your information is safe, and audit these regularly. All our staff and anyone who receives information from us have a legal duty to keep information about you confidential.
We will not release your personal details to any third party without first seeking your consent, unless this is allowed for or required by law.
We are constantly working to ensure compliance with current data protection legislation.
Your Right to Use the App
Data protection legislation gives you, the patient, various rights. The most important of these are as follows:
- you have the right to a copy of information we hold about you;
- you have the right to ask for your record to be amended if you believe that it is wrong;
- you have the right to erasure. If you would like us to erase some information we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com and addressing your email to the Data Protection Officer, and we will consider your request. We cannot guarantee that all requests will be met as we also have some legal responsibilities placed upon us which might require us to keep your data, but if the erasure can be performed without detriment to our legal obligations we will be happy to consider it. Please note that we may need to keep some of your medical records on file in the interests of establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Changes to the Service
MySkinDoctor are committed to providing an efficient and comprehensive service for dermatology patients. We may make changes to the App or Service processes to improve patient and staff experience. Changes to the App through updates and innovations may not always be announced publicly before going live.
We recommend that you use the latest version of the App to take advantage of the latest enhancements and any updates.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle and dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
MySkinDoctor may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, and MySkinDoctor will always notify you in writing if this happens. This will not affect your rights or MySkinDoctor obligations under these Terms.
The information provided by the MySkinDoctor ('we', 'us', or 'our') mobile application is a disposition rather than a diagnosis (non-medical device) and is for general informational purposes only until assessed by one of our Consultant Dermatologist. All information on our mobile application is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any information on our mobile application. The information provided by patients through the use of our App will be assessed by one of our experienced Consultant Dermatologists, who will review the information and images and provide an evaluation, treatment plan and clinical advice.
An electronic medium is not always appropriate for all health issues, particularly those of an urgent nature, and MySkinDoctor makes no guarantee of any particular response time to any inquiries you may make. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should instead seek appropriate emergency medical assistance. Call 999 if you have any of the following:
- Severe shortness of breath - rapid, shallow breathing, suffocating, or unable to talk properly.
- Signs of a heart attack - pressure, pain or squeezing sensation in the centre of your chest.
- Signs of a stroke - facial drooping, weakness of limbs, or slurred speech.
- Seizure - uncontrolled shaking or unconsciousness because of a fit.
- Heavy bleeding - blood gushing from a wound, or bleeding that continues despite direct pressure.
- Been severely hurt - serious injuries or accidents.
- Signs of sepsis - slurred speech, shivering, breathlessness, discoloured skin.
- Tongue or lip swelling.
My Skin Doctor Ltd is a company registered in England with company number 11137124 with registered offices at The Courtyard Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, Steyning, West Sussex, England, BN44 3TN.
Questions, comments and requests regarding our Services or these Terms are welcomed and should be addressed to:
West Road, Fishersgate
or alternatively by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org