MySkinDoctor Mobile Application Terms and ConditionsDecember 2019
Terms and Conditions
For the purpose of these terms and conditions, ‘app’ shall refer to the MySkinDoctor mobile application. References to MySkinDoctor in any communications, your agreements, marketing material or other documentation shall mean the app. The ‘organisation, company, us, or we’ shall refer to MY SKIN DOCTOR LIMITED.
Using the MySkinDoctor mobile application
About the app
You can use the app to:
- Submit photographs of your skin condition
- Receive case updates regarding your skin condition
- Contact our administration team
- Purchase video consultations with a Consultant Dermatologist
- Purchase photograph consultations with a Consultant Dermatologist
Who can use the app?
You must have an active NHS referral if using the National Health Service element of the app. If using the Self-Pay service offered by the organisation, you must have permission from the card holder paying to use this service.
If required, we can refuse to register you for the app and limit how you use it.
The devices it works on
Currently the app works on Android 5.1 and above, and iOS 10 or later (this is updated regularly). There are different features depending on your phone or tablet, operating system or version of the app you have.
What does it cost?
- If you have an active NHS referral to our service from your GP, we won’t charge you to use the app. However, if your case is fully resolved and you wish to use our Self-Pay service you will be required to fund any cases you wish to create
- If you are using the Self-Pay service, you will be charged £75 per photograph consultation case created.
How to register:
Step 1: You’ll need to download the app to your phone or tablet. Search for ‘MySkinDoctor’ in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Don’t download the app from anywhere else. Please be aware that if you are using the NHS service offered by us, we will send you SMS messages containing a link to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
Step 2: Read and accept the terms and conditions in the app
Step 3: Once you’ve done this, register your account using the set-up wizard provided on the app. If using our NHS service, please ensure you have the PIN code required for registration. If using our Self-Pay service, please ensure you have permission from the payment card holder.
Conditions for using the app:
Using the app in the right way
- Only use the app to submit cases related to a dermatological condition, view cases submitted, and diagnoses provided by our Consultant Dermatologists
- Don’t use the app to do anything illegal
- Ensure you obey any laws which may apply to you in any place you use the app
- Don’t collect any information or data from the app or our systems or try to read any messages or information not intended for you
- Don’t use the app in a way which could damage it, or stop it from working, or affect our systems for other users – for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code into the app or iOS, Android or other operating systems
- Don’t attempt to make any income directly from using the app
- Don’t use the app to upload or store inappropriate or illegal images or content that breaches the rights of others
How the app accesses information about you
- In order to submit photographs for diagnosis, the app will require access to certain permissions on your mobile device, such as access to your camera, photograph gallery and microphone (for video consultations)
- If you enable push notifications on the app, we will send you notifications when there has been an update to your case
- If we can, we’ll ask you before the app accesses your device or information – and you can decline
- From time to time, we may contact you about the app by email, text or other messages on the app, or by telephone or post
- Updates which are relevant to your case will be sent to you through a notification on the app. If you are invited to an outpatient clinic appointment, an appointment letter will be posted to you after you have received your case update